“Get the TIE now” – the message from the British Embassy, …

The British Embassy is urging all British people who live in Spain and are still in possession of a Green Certificate to apply for the TIE, or “Tarjeta de identidad de extranjero,” if they haven’t done so already.  

The process for securing a TIE appointment and the card itself is run by the Spanish Government. More information on how to apply, including links to Spanish Government websites where the applications are made, can be found on the ‘Living in Spain’ guide on gov.uk.  

Car Insurance for Drinking & Driving

In 2016 a survey was taken to highlight the issues facing the international expat community in Spain. 

How to get around the city without using a car was at the top of the list, for more than one reason.

One of them is that B.A.C. levels are lower in Spain than the U.K.,
here 0.5 or 0.3 puts you over the limit.

Even a glass of wine may exceed the legal limit for driving and therefore tend to stay in the areas where they live, losing many opportunities and events because of this.

Doing the right things for the right reasons

It’s crucial for expats to note however that many mentioned benefits are exclusively available to international residents. To access these advantages, expats must opt for the English policy rather than the default Spanish one. Both are good, but the English policy offers exclusive extras tailored for the expat community. They have my support and gratitude not just for their policies but because they consistently and authentically do the right things for the right reasons.

Welcome to Good Morning Spain!

Dear Viewers, I am thrilled to introduce you to an exciting new venture that promises to brighten up your mornings and revolutionize the way you…